Vaughn pictures

Saturday, June 2, 2007

New Name

We need your help. The title "Borderlines" is being used by one of our team members (oops). Do you have an idea for a catchy title for our blog and newsletter?

Growing up in the desert, I know the importance of water. God uses this metaphor throughout the Scriptures. I humorously thought of the play on words "Water Writes." But I'm seriously thinking about water or rain being the theme. When our family visited El Paso to interview with the team, it had just rained. I opened the window and told the kids to smell. The creosote and sage brush give off a delicious aroma. There is no more refreshing scent than desert rain. So I thought of "The Rain Report." Just as the parched desert blooms after the rain, we are waiting for the Spirit to shower us with his grace and bring this wasteland into spiritual bloom.

Let us know your thoughts. Thanks.

4 comments:

T*ny and R*se said...

Rain Report sounds good to me! :)

Angela said...

Hi,
I was just checking in on your family and surprised to see God had lead you a completely new direction. We have accepted that we never "know" what God's plan is for us...we just follow and it sure leads to more joy and excitement then our own plans!

I was thinking of some ideas about your name request and here are some idea's I thought of: streamsoflivingwater, thirstnomore, livingwaterwell, and I also like rainontheearth based on this verse:
Job 5:10 (New International Version) 10 He bestows rain on the earth; he sends water upon the countryside.

Our family has also been on quite an exciting journey if you get a chance to check in on our blog. Since God's unexpected appointment for us to meet over breakfast in NM we have gone from adopting 3 children in Haiti to 5 and feel that God is preparing us to make an international move as well. We are involved in a church plant here in our neighborhood and my children and I are waiting for an okay to move temporarily to Haiti until our other children are ready to come home. Exciting times! I'm glad to have met you all and look forward to following your journey. Life is SUCH and adventure when God leads!!!

Joyfully, Angela and family
www.makefunofyourday.blogspot.com

Beth said...

Hey Jeff and Heather! I know that it is now mid-July -- but I figured I'd put in my two cents as well.
I'm thinking about where you'll be -- and there are some more catchy titles to be had from being "On the Border". ;-) Perhaps, "On the Edge" or "In Between Two Countries"... I couldn't think of additional Rain phrases. Oh well!

Looking forward to future posts...

Tammy Bacon said...

How about Fronteras?